- Concentration in the publishing business
- Zombie Lingua, Elsevier and what profit-oriented publishers are good for
- Beyond the zombies: How we might get out of the science publication disaster
- What should I do with my draft paper? Hide it, upload to Academia, or upload to Zenodo?
- We don’t need open access, but scholar-owned publication brands
Monthly Archives: October 2014
The “mega-journal” trend, which has arrived in the humanities (including linguistics) may turn out to seriously disadvantage junior researchers, independent researchers, and researchers from low-income countries. This is not good for science. In the 20th century, scientific publication served two … Continue reading
iRights.info is carrying a very interesting interview (in German) with Balázs Bodó on the size of and the motivation behind the large scientific electronic shadow libraries that have sprung from earlier efforts to disseminate scientific papers and books in Russia. … Continue reading